I have identified six components of an effective staff report and I would appreciate critique and additions.
- Execution: What has been accomplished in my area of staff responsibility including my own efforts, those of my reporting staff and those of the membership?
- Expected execution: What accomplishments/missions are expected in the near term?
- Execution opportunities and planning: What accomplishments/missions are in the planning stages? What is on the horizon? What are our opportunities?
- Program development execution: What have I and my team done to build program capacity? Who has been trained? What partnerships have been developed? What materials have been developed or are now available?
- Program development planning: What is planned to build program capacity?
- Needs/gaps: What is missing that I need and/or needs leadership attention or action to resolve?